Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Top Seven Rides

Disney World is home to many famous rides. From roller coasters to carousels, all rides are fun in some way. Even though I am seventeen, I still enjoy the "kid" rides. I do have my favorites though. 


7. Space Mountain
My sister's favorite, space mountain is a in-the-dark, fast roller coaster. You are seated one by one in "rockets" of six. After you blast off, you travel (in pitch black) fast around curves and down hills past stars and planets. The ride does not last long, but it definitely leaves an impression. I do not get ride sick often, but riding this one over three times definitely leaves me dizzy. 
Lines: Long. Ride during the parade or fireworks and they will be shorter.
Age: 9+
6. Rock n' Roller Coaster
This fast paced action coaster takes your breath away- literally. The take off is radical. 60 MPH in 2.7 seconds. Wow. With loops and a corkscrew through glow in the dark road signs, it is not a baby coaster. 
Lines: Super long. Fast pass this ride.
Age: 11+
5. Splash Mountain
A classic. A Wet n' Wild adventure that is sure to please all ages. Even if you are not in the first rows, you might yet soaking wet. My mom was in the back row and she got wet from a passing car going down the last hill. Ride this ride with a poncho if you want to stay dry for the rest of the day. 
Lines: Normally stay very long. Fast pass this ride.
Age: Any
4. Expedition Everest
My favorite ride at Animal Kingdom, this ride is sure to please. A fast, rickety train takes you up into the mountains. It seems peaceful until your train becomes a run away and you have an encounter with the Yeti himself. *Warning: Make sure that you ask to sit in the front. When going backwards, it might hurt you neck/ make you dizzy if you are in the back. In the front, it is not bad at all. 
Lines: Can get long, but it moves fast. 
Age: 9+
3. Pirates of the Caribbean 
Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me. I have always loved pirates. (Maybe because my great-great-great-great.... uncle is Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard) Do not get me wrong, I have always been a Princess girl, but the thought Pirates always has thrilled me. This boat attraction takes you into the heart of a pirate ship battle, a Spanish town, and Tortuga. With the addition of a very life like Captain Jack Sparrow, this attraction is sure to please all Pirates of the Caribbean fans. 
Lines: Quick. Really cool queue through an old fort.
Age: Any
2. Test Track
Fast and Furious. Well, not very furious. You are loaded onto a test car where you will act as a test dummy. You know- the ones we watch get blown up and torn in the car safety videos. On the course, you do real car checks such as blocks, brakes, and turns. Then you are taken out onto a track where you go upwards of 60-70 MPH. It makes you want to be a race car drive- well, almost. 
Lines: Extremely Long. Being the favored ride at Epcot, try to ride early in the day.
Age: 7+
1. The Tower of Terror
Some people hate it, some people love it. I'm in the group that loves it. Having watched The Twilight Zone growing up, I loved the details of the ride. The line queue takes you through an old hotel that is covered in spider webs and dust. You watch a quick clip then you are put into a very authentic- and scary- boiler room where you are loaded onto the ride. You ride past several levels then are put into "The Twilight Zone". (This is where it gets fun.) On a random computer generated sequence, you drop and go up 13 stories. The ride is then over. Do not let the scariness of the ride get to you. Most of my family that hates it, hates it because it is frightening- not because of the drops. It is a thrill and should not be missed. 
Lines: The queue is really cool, winding through mist and tall trees. The line moves pretty fast, so do not let a long time keep you from riding.
Age: 9+
*I do not own these photos

No comments:

Post a Comment